Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 25, 2009

From the Mouths of Babes

Jack and I were watching "The Little Mermaid" the other day and as she was going through her transformation he asked me what was happening to her. I told him that she was turning into a human. He looked at me quizzically and said "a human?" I said "yes, you're a human." As he thought about that I said "is daddy a human?" Jack said "yes" and then I asked if I was a human and he said "no." I was bemused so I asked him "what am I?" Jack said "you're a lady." After a series of questions about who in the family was a human, it turns out that to an almost three year old men and boys are humans and women and girls are ladies.

He still makes me smile when I thank him for something, he says "you're welcome, it's my pleasure." Such a polite little toddler.

No comments: