Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Time Flies

I can't believe that February is almost over, Jack will be 2 1/2 in a few days and Belle will be 8 months next week. Jack's verbal skills are astounding me and Belle is getting more mobile every day. I am grateful that Jack still really loves his little sister and Belle absolutely adores her big brother. I really hope that their relationship stays close as they get older. I'm really enjoying seeing how different they are as children, both in development and in personality.


Belle is much more verbal than Jack was at this age. She's more outgoing and flirty than he was as well. As far as how they became mobile, Jack liked to roll from place to place while Belle prefers to practice downward dog and drag herself around in a military crawl. She can get across the room really fast! Belle is trying really hard to blow raspberries and makes all sorts of strange noises which has prompted Jack to say that she sounds like a bulldozer. It cracks me up every time! We're excited for Belle to turn 8 months so we can introduce her to new foods and finally introduce her to spices.


Jack is still obsessed with dinosaurs and can identify T-Rex, Brachiosaurus, Triceratops and Stegosaurus. He can actually say the word paleontologist but I'm not sure that he understand what it is. Jack is terribly funny to me, in addition to calling Belle a bulldozer (which I'm not sure she'll appreciate later in life) he likes to point to his head and say "idea" which is usually followed by "need scissors" or "need flashlight." He has a great memory and often looks up at me and says "something missing" which he will follow up with the missing items. At mealtime, he occasionally decides that he doesn't like his food stating that it's "too yucky."

Jack is definitely in the "gimme" phase which is not cute, we're working hard to teach him to say "may I please." It's not working yet but we're being persistent. He'll also say that needs something as in "I need chips" or "I need chocolate" which are most certainly not needs. Jack has also decided that he is Mickey Mouse, I am Minnie, Belle is Daisy and Bruce is Goofy. It has not escaped him that we are missing Donald and Pluto. Jack is very active, he loves to jump and dance and says that he has "happy feet." He has also become very particular about music, if he doesn't like the genre being played he will tell us to change it until he is satisfied. At least he has an opinion.

Another evening I was taking pictures of the kids and I started calling Belle a ham (because she is). Jack was very insistent that she wasn't a ham she is a baby. A little later I called her a ham again and he said "no, no, no, juicy steak." Last night as I put him to bed I told him that I'd see him in the morning, I usually say "but not too early" as he's been getting Bruce up between 6:00 - 6:30 am. As I finished saying "I'll see you in the morning" he said "not too early." He really slays me. He also got up around 5:00 am so obviously my request for sleep is not working. I guess that we should be glad that he's not waking us up with his dinosaurs in tow saying "dinosaur... roar. DINOSAUR...ROAR!!!"

No comments: